Columbia Golf Open 2017
The Columbia Open is back!!!
For each of the past three years, alumni and friends from Ivy League and other acclaimed universities joined together at the Columbia Open for a day of competition and fun. Battles were fought, friendships were forged, and school honors upheld—along with plenty of laughers and friendly trash talks
We are pleased to invite you to join our 3rd annual Columbia Open golf tournament.
Whether you are an individual golf player, or a member of an alumni golf team, this will be a great opportunity to connect with golf players from other schools!
We look forward to seeing you at the event!
Date & Time: Saturday, May 6, 2017, 8:30. Check-in by 8:00
Venue: CHANG GUNG GOLF CLUB (長庚高爾夫球場)
Address: No. 66, Chang Gung Golf Road, Guishan County, Taoyuan City. (桃園市龜山鄉長庚球場路 66 號)
Registration Fee: $300 per person (not-including golf price)
$1000 per person including lunch (not including golf price)
永豐銀行 (807) 1260-1867-476119 葉伯君
Columbia Alumni Association of Taiwan
FOR DONATION to CAA TAIWAN ACCOUNT
遠東商銀 營業部 (805) 0010-01000-36558 台北市哥倫比亞大學同學會
For Registration and Questions, please contact:
Cary Chen firstname.lastname@example.org
Josh Kuan email@example.com
Peggy Yeh firstname.lastname@example.org
(1) Register by School: Each team must have 8 or more players. If a school has less then 8 players, we will assign the team to form a joint-team with another school. At least half of the players from each team must be alumnus of the represented school.
(2) Register as an Individual Player: You may register as an individual player. However, in the spirit of fun, we will group you with a school team so you may participate in the team competition as well.
RULES: The competition rule will follow the R&A and local rules.
- Champion: Lowest gross score. (In the event of a tie, the first tiebreaker goes to the player with the lowest score on the 18th hole, the second tiebreaker goes to the player with the lowest score on the 17th hole, and so forth. In the event that the scores are the same for all 18 holes, the champion goes to the eldest player.)
- Runner-up: Second lowest gross score.
- Lowest Net Sore: Calculated based on the New-New Peoria system. Maximum 5/7/9 strokes on par 3/4/5 to calculate the handicap.
- Skills Awards: Longest Drive, Closest-to-pin, Second-shot-closest-to-pin, Third-shot closest-to-pin.
- One Team Championship will be given.
- Each player will receive 1 point per Par, 3 points per Birdie, 5 points per Eagle, and 10 points per Double Eagles. The top 8 scores for each team will be added to determine the total Team score.
- The team with the highest Team score wins the Team Championship. If there is a tie for the Team score, then the team with the player with the lowest total strokes wins the tiebreaker.