Dear Alumni and friends,
Please join us on 6/2(Fri) for this year's New Student Send-Off Reception. The event will serve as a unique opportunity to welcome new students to our Columbia family and for current students to connect with our alumni.
Come and meet the new Lions who will be heading to campus this fall. Share some of your memories of Columbia with them! Limited availability. First come, first served.
Please RSVP early to reserve your spot: https://goo.gl/forms/gEN7PfuO2IgX3H8o1
Cost: 600 NTD (per person) for alums
Please transfer the total amount to the following account or pay at the door on the day of the event:
銀行：中國信託 (822) （戶名：黃璞）
We look forward to seeing soon! Go Lions!
Columbia Alumni Association of Taiwan
President Chris Wei & Secretary Chingyu Yao
*This event is sponsored by CBS alum Steven Pan (潘思亮學長), Columbia University Taiwanese Graduate Student Association, and Columbia Alumni Association of Taiwan.
Questions? Please contact:
You-Chang (Steven) Lin · firstname.lastname@example.org
3/5 (日) 上午 9:30 三腳渡河道
3/18 (六) 上午 8:30 三腳渡河道
3/26 (日) 上午 9:30 三腳渡河道
4/8 (六) 上午 8:30 三腳渡河道
4/16 (日) 上午 9:30 三腳渡河道
4/22 (六) 上午 8:30 大佳河道
5/6 (六) 上午 8:30 大佳河道
5/13 (六) 上午 8:30 大佳河道
5/20 (六) 上午 8:30 大佳河道
5/28 - 5/30 比賽日－大佳河道－時間視賽程而定
大佳 河道: https://goo.gl/maps/jJwYuUb2VRG2
We are welcoming you to experience the joy of dragon boating in the rivers of Taipei.
Ivy League Dragon Boat Club has participated in Taipei 2016 International Dragon Boat festival race which last year, which had a total of more than 250 teams from around the world.
This year, we are looking for 40 team members to join us. Let’s have fun, meeting new friends and exercising together.Registration Link：https://goo.gl/forms/i4IZ93WcpMlKHEQ52
Below are some details:
1. 3/5 (Sun) 9:30am SJD race course
2. 3/18 (Sat) 8:30am SJD race course
3. 3/26 (Sun) 9:30am SJD race course
4. 4/8 (Sat) 8:30am SJD race course
5. 4/16 (Sun) 9:30am SJD race course
6. 4/22 (Sat) 8:30am Dajia race course
7. 5/6 (Sat) 8:30am Dajia race course
8. 5/13 (Sat) 8:30am Dajia race course
9. 5/20 (Sat) 8:30am Dajia race course
10. 5/28 - 5/30 - COMPETITION - Dajia race course – Race Schedule TBD
SJD race course : https://goo.gl/maps/sJpo4WretkQ2
Dajia race course : https://goo.gl/maps/jJwYuUb2VRG2
Total cost NT$1200, that includes our team uniform shirt & boat rental fee for our practices.
First run is free. Come and experience the power and the serenity of the rivers.
You must attend at least 3 practices to race in the Dragon Boat competition.
Join our FB for more most updated information regarding practice times, dates, and locations.
Columbia Golf Open 2017
The Columbia Open is back!!!
For each of the past three years, alumni and friends from Ivy League and other acclaimed universities joined together at the Columbia Open for a day of competition and fun. Battles were fought, friendships were forged, and school honors upheld—along with plenty of laughers and friendly trash talks
We are pleased to invite you to join our 3rd annual Columbia Open golf tournament.
Whether you are an individual golf player, or a member of an alumni golf team, this will be a great opportunity to connect with golf players from other schools!
We look forward to seeing you at the event!
Date & Time: Saturday, May 6, 2017, 8:30. Check-in by 8:00
Venue: CHANG GUNG GOLF CLUB (長庚高爾夫球場)
Address: No. 66, Chang Gung Golf Road, Guishan County, Taoyuan City. (桃園市龜山鄉長庚球場路 66 號)
Registration Fee: $300 per person (not-including golf price)
$1000 per person including lunch (not including golf price)
永豐銀行 (807) 1260-1867-476119 葉伯君
Columbia Alumni Association of Taiwan
FOR DONATION to CAA TAIWAN ACCOUNT
遠東商銀 營業部 (805) 0010-01000-36558 台北市哥倫比亞大學同學會
For Registration and Questions, please contact:
Cary Chen email@example.com
Josh Kuan firstname.lastname@example.org
Peggy Yeh email@example.com
(1) Register by School: Each team must have 8 or more players. If a school has less then 8 players, we will assign the team to form a joint-team with another school. At least half of the players from each team must be alumnus of the represented school.
(2) Register as an Individual Player: You may register as an individual player. However, in the spirit of fun, we will group you with a school team so you may participate in the team competition as well.
RULES: The competition rule will follow the R&A and local rules.
- Champion: Lowest gross score. (In the event of a tie, the first tiebreaker goes to the player with the lowest score on the 18th hole, the second tiebreaker goes to the player with the lowest score on the 17th hole, and so forth. In the event that the scores are the same for all 18 holes, the champion goes to the eldest player.)
- Runner-up: Second lowest gross score.
- Lowest Net Sore: Calculated based on the New-New Peoria system. Maximum 5/7/9 strokes on par 3/4/5 to calculate the handicap.
- Skills Awards: Longest Drive, Closest-to-pin, Second-shot-closest-to-pin, Third-shot closest-to-pin.
- One Team Championship will be given.
- Each player will receive 1 point per Par, 3 points per Birdie, 5 points per Eagle, and 10 points per Double Eagles. The top 8 scores for each team will be added to determine the total Team score.
- The team with the highest Team score wins the Team Championship. If there is a tie for the Team score, then the team with the player with the lowest total strokes wins the tiebreaker.